Tuesday, July 23, 2013

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

Have you ever had a conversation in your head with someone, then when the time to have the real conversation comes up it didn't go how you planned it out in your head. It usually doesn't go as planned because you expected the other person to say what you wanted to hear. Your expectations become shattered and you end up being disappointed. Not only in conversation but in almost every area of our lives we EXPECT things to be a certain way. Some expect great and some people expect disaster.

I believe in the law of attraction and that energy attracts like energy. If I'm thinking negative more than likely, if not every time...negative happens. When I think positive, if not every time...positive happens. I've learned to have great expectations. There is nothing wrong with expecting a great life and great love to surround you. What I struggle with in this new positive mindset is that I expect things to go exactly as planned then I end up greatly disappointed when my plans are altered in reality. I will literally plan whole conversations in my head with people and expect the conversation to go that way in reality. I will be talking to them and think "okay now they are going to react this way and say this, this and this", I will wait for it and say to myself "hmmm that wasn't supposed to happen". I'm disappointed now. When I was seeking a man and it seemed like they were nowhere to be found, I would go out NOT expecting to meet a man...and guess what, I never did. Now when I go out I expect to meet a man...and guess what I never meet the ones I want. I'm placing expectations on things that are to come naturally.

Conversations are supposed to be natural. If I go out on the town I can hope to meet someone, but I should never expect it. When I'm having a conversation with someone I need to get out of their brains and listen to what's coming out of their mouths. It's not every time I talk to someone that I'm planning their side of the conversation, it's usually when I'm coming to them with something I've been wanting to talk to them about. I expect them to respond in a way that's going to make me 100% satisfied at the end of the conversation.

I've been praying about this lately because I've noticed that it's something I keep doing. I expect everything to go a certain way so that I will be blissfully happy at the end of each day. I've turned the law of attraction into trying to orchestrate every part of my life and other peoples lives as well. The law of attraction is Ask, Believe, Receive. What I'm doing is replacing belief with expectations, therefore I'm not receiving what I want because I'm trying to do it all myself. BELIEF. If I believe in what I'm asking for and really believe it, everything that is supposed to happen with happen naturally in due time. The only things I have control over are my thoughts, which control my actions. Everything else is God. So the fact that I'm trying to place mind control on the rest of the world is a waste of time. I finally understand what people mean when they say "shatter your expectations".

-Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment