Monday, December 9, 2013

Pray For Your Haters (Am I really saying this? lol)


You know you're doing something right when the devil tries to throw some shade. They say that when things are getting better for you and your life is going great there will be something or someone trying to mess with you. Two things can happen, you will either react and let the bad things take hold of you, or you will rise above and focus on the great things that are coming your way. I started my new job last Wednesday, so today was my 4th day of work. Today is the 4th day that my coworkers have known me, this is the 4th day that people have observed and made opinions about me. Well, I must have made a bad impression on one of my coworkers because today she decided to tell a manager some untrue things about my work ethic. I was absolutely floored when the manager approached me about this! Really?! My work ethic is superb and even if it wasn't it wouldn't effect her job in the slightest.

See, we work in the same department but our roles do not cross, I have nothing to do with her and she has nothing to do with me. So why the hate? What did I do to you in less than one week that you would try to mess with my job?! I ask that but I really don't care to know the answer because I KNOW that I did nothing to her. I've been kind and even tried to engage her so we could get to know each other better. When I noticed she wasn't reciprocating, I backed off. The manager made me aware of her comments not because he was reprimanding me, but because he was looking out for my black ass, in the sense. He never said her name, but I knew who he was talking about. He reminded me that as a "sista" (he's black) we need to work 10x harder and smarter than others to get ahead. It sucks but we must be on our P & Q's at all times because there is always someone who is going to try and bring us down, or call us out on our mistakes; even if we're not doing anything wrong.

I could take this information and retaliate or even let it bring me down but instead...INSTEAD, this just gave me the extra push I've been needing. In the past I have been a lazy worker, doing just enough to get by, showing up right on time or late, throwing something on & making it through the day. This is not the place for me to do that, everyone at this company works really hard and I want to be right there with them. At first, I sat on this information and boiled, my blood boiled and I wanted to do everything better because of her, because I know it would piss her off! But, I had to talk myself down and realize that doing anything, ANYTHING out of anger is only going to bring bad karma upon myself. Holding onto a negative emotion, even though I'll be working harder; negative energy would be sent out and what you give you get back 10 fold.

I cannot hold negative feelings towards her because that's not going to do me any good. Instead I need to live as I believe. And I believe that the only thing that overcomes hate is love. I know, it sounds hippie dippy but let's put it in Christian terms so you all will ride with me, "GOD IS LOVE", we are to live as God and Jesus would and that is to love. This girl made me mad and I can become negative and decide not to like her, but instead I choose to send her love and pray for her. I'm obviously doing something right and that's why this girl who doesn't know me sees me as a threat. Haven't we all been there though? We may not have tried to sabotage someones job but we all have tried to hurt someone else because of our own insecurities. If you say that you haven't, then I'm calling you a liar. Something as simple as talking shit or spreading a rumor knowing it could damage someones reputation is a form of sabotage. So yeah, we've all been that insecure.

What she's doing is not okay and there's obviously something deeper going on, whatever it is I just pray that she works it out with herself and her god before I have to *sigh*...okay...okay...keep praying for her. We must remember when someone is treating us badly for no reason it's because they see something within us that they don't think they possess within themselves. Unhappy people don't like happy people! Being jealous of someone is the worst feeling ever so I do pray that she overcomes the negative feelings towards me, she must feel horrible knowing that I feel so good. Jealousy is a bitch that way and it will eat you alive.

So let me not work my ass off out of spite for her, but out of love for myself. I want to succeed at work for my own happiness, not to anger someone else. This situation reminded me how far I've come. I'm not angry and I don't wish anyone harm, the old me would let this bother me forever but all I can do is pray, pray, pray. Not only for her sake but because I have to see her five days a week, and who wants to be around someone that doesn't like you? Yeah, yeah, yeah, your haters are your motivators,, blah blah blah, but they're also a pain in the ass and I'd rather my haters not sit next to me everyday. Pray for your haters so you can be a motivation to them, how about that instead? I don't hate on anyone...do you? I congratulate, and ask questions so I can emulate and give answers. You feel me?!

On that note! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment