Sunday, February 24, 2013

Beasts Of the Southern Wild

I watched this movie last night and I must say never has any movie fucked with my emotions as much as this one did. I literally cried THE ENTIRE FILM!! I'm not exaggerating at all, at one point I had to pause the movie to cry because I was missing what was coming up next. I was a hot mess, I still am just thinking about it. Beasts of the Southern Wild was so beautifully written and directed, the acting was superb on everyone's part I kept forgetting that it was fiction. I was so furious at certain points and sad at others I couldn't stop crying. This is hands down one of my favorite movies of all time. The previews threw me off, definitely not what I thought it was going to be about...they did that on purpose. I highly recommend you watch it immediately!

I hope  wins the Oscar tonight for best actress, she definitely deserves it. Dwight Henry who played her dad in the film should have been nominated for something as well, he was amazing. 

3 comments:

  1. I read on Twitter where someone spoke of shedding a tear over this film. I need to add to my list of must-see films. I was amazed that a 9 year old was even nominated for Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I might check it out...although I'm not a huge fan of tear jerkers, it's always nice to watch a well written script.

    ~Chymere A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been obsessing about needing to watch this movie. I finally found it on amazon for $6.98 and it comes tomm I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete