Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Long, Strong, Healthy Nails....I Hope!

On my old blog I talked about nail growth and the fact that my nails refuse to grow!! When they do grow, it's very minimal and they break as soon as they get past the nail bed. They are hard and feel strong but tiny nubs as you can see. I don't want to pay for, nor ruin my nail beds by putting acrylic on them...did that for many years. I'm tired of buying $10 nail polish to strengthen my nail when it doesn't make a difference *coughs* OPI "Nail Envy" and Orly "Tough Cookie" *coughs*. They will make your nails hard but my nails still break and barely grow. Nothing is working for me, I've tried everything; I take biotin every night, vitamins  drink milk, water, try to eat healthy, file my nails often...nothing works.

Last year I saw online while buzzing around the "natural web", that if you rub coconut oil on your nail beds and cuticles every night your nails will grow long and strong. I didn't even start this experiment because I wanted to keep my nails painted. Apparently if I did more research I would've seen that you can rub the oil on before your base coat. So I'm going to start tonight, but I'm going to try a month without polish then add polish sometime in March if I begin to see growth. I'm showing you the pictures of my nails last year because they are exactly the same length, my nails almost look identical today which is quite hilarious. So in a few weeks I will post a progress photo, if this doesn't work I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment