Friday, November 8, 2013

Living Room Life

The fun thing about moving into your own space (or back into your own space in my case) is that you get to decorate! I'm moving into a less desirable city a little bit outside of Atlanta, but what sold me was the actual apartment itself. I could have stayed in the nice part of town and paid the same price for a smaller space with 80's appliances. But I opted for the so-so area and a really nice place. I spend most of my time at home anyways so I'd much rather have a fabulous abode to come home to. My move-in date is less than 30 days away and all I can think about is decorating. The last few apartments I rented I didn't decorate at all and it was completely uninspiring. So now, Pinterest is my bestest friend!

I'm a little stuck in regards to living room styles. One side of me is all about cozy shabby chic, with the creams, pastels, soft grey, wood and romance. The other side of me is saying, modern sassy chic; with chevron patterns, bright accent pieces, gold and glass. I can't decide! My living room/ dining room is just one really long open room, so I would have to blend the room design so that will play a lot into it as well. Here's some of my inspiration from my Pinterest boards. I'm trying to find a happy medium.

I think this place is a perfect combination of the two! My Fave!

I love the pillows and coffee tables!

 Striped curtains just might happen somewhere in my house! 

 Loving the girlishness of this space! 

 These chairs, I die! 

I have a very similar couch, so that's what I'm working around.

 Must have flowers in new space! 

 Honestly...who wouldn't want to cuddle with me in a space like this?! 

 Loving every accent piece! 

Chevron rug, wooden table, sparkle vase...good combo!

 Glittery, girly and comfy! 

Table design...well mostly just the sparkly vase!

 Spanish style chic...love the colors!

I'm clearly leaning towards the pastel and muted colors, with sparkles thrown in every way I can. I love a beautifully decorated home but I also like it too look and be comfortable. A stylish INVITING home is what I'm going for. I'm very excited!

1 comment:

  1. Yayy!! Congrats on your move! I love the home decor aspect of having my own place...absolutely love it! And I see we have similar taste because I too have most of the same looks on my Home Decor board on Pinterest. The 1st and the 11th one are my absolute faves...I love everything about them! I love the neutral base because it's easy to switch up for the different seasons or changing moods periods. The thing I dislike about bold and chic is that usually the colors are loud and aren't very interchangeable. but yes I wish you all the best with your move and I hope it ends up being perfectly fitting to your style.

    -Chymere A.
    www.chymere-anais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete