Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Do You Search For Meaning In Your Dreams?

I am huge believer in dream interpretations; I believe that what you dream about at night is a reflection of your life and your emotional state of mind. I remember most of my dreams for at least few hours to a day, but it's very rare that I ever feel the need to look for the interpretation of said dream. When I wake up, it's usually very clear to me why I had that dream, normally it's a direct mirror of whats going on in my life. I'm not usually being chased down the street by a giant meatball strumming a banjo. Just doesn't happen for me.

Well last night my dream meant something and I knew it as soon as I woke up. Stairs and Snakes. As soon as I opened my eyes I thought to myself, "that wasn't for nothing". So I looked it up. In my dream from what I remember, the only important details I held onto were: I was walking up the stairs of a patio leading to a front door (I don't know whose house) and there was a lady in the window telling me to come in and I trusted her. So I began walking up the blue stairs and when I looked down there were snakes everywhere all around my feet but I wasn't afraid; a little grossed out but not afraid. I shooed some of the snakes away from slithering on my feet. I kept trying to get to the front door but the snakes were bothering me so much that I stopped trying and left.

Breakdown of the major symbolism in my dream:


STAIRS:
"To dream that you are walking up a flight of stairs indicate that you are achieving a higher level of understanding. You are making progress into your spiritual, emotional or material journey. The dream is also analogous to material and thoughts that are coming to the surface."
"Stairs represent transition, change and personal growth.  When we use them, we make direct contact with our feet.  This makes them symbolic of change on a very specific, personal level.  Climbing up stairs should be interpreted as ascending to higher levels of consciousness.""Going up stairs often represents improvement, achievement, or reaching higher levels of awareness and understanding. You are making progress emotionally, spiritually, or materially. If you have problems going up stairs it may symbolize trouble being unable to make progress in your life. Going up stairs may also symbolize a struggle or challenge you must endure to reach a higher level of understanding, success, or power."



SNAKES:
"When the presence of the snake in your dream is neutral or friendly, it suggests that you are dealing with fears or concerns with assurance. It is an indicator that healing is taking place.....When interpreting a snake dream, a key point is to keep in mind that the serpent in your sleep means you’re symbolically receiving a wake up call from your unconscious. Dreaming about a snake is usually an indicator that you need to pay attention to something important that you perhaps have been avoiding or that has escaped your awareness until now.""When a snake appears in your dreams, it most likely acts as an animal spirit guide inviting you to look at important facts or dynamics that are impacting your life....The snake can symbolize spiritual guidance. The presence of the snake in your life often means that you are in a period of transition and it points to ways promote your personal growth.""According to Condron, snakes in a dream indicate that the dreamer's attention during the previous day was involved in some creative pursuit. "This was the focus of the potential learning in the dreamer's waking life," she says."


THE COLOR BLUE:
"Blue tends to mean truth, heaven, tranquility, peace, intuition...Blue may also be associated with the fifth, throat chakra.  This chakra is associated with communication, self-expression, thinking and planning." 


WINDOW:
"To see a window in your dream signifies bright hopes, vast  possibilities and insight."


Okay, now that we have the symbols interpreted, let me tell you why I'm now even more of a believer of dream interpretation! If you read the 3rd interpretation of Snakes you see that it says, "snakes in a dream indicate that the dreamer's attention during the previous day was involved in some creative pursuit". And it was. And still is. Since I've been laid off from my job I've just been thinking about where I'm going with my life in terms of career and family. It's just time for me to really buckle down and commit to my life.

I keep going back and forth about school because I'm not committed to any major that I choose. And that's because I'm not passionate about my choices. So I've been taking the time to ask God to just guide me and tell me what to do, and then while having a Netflix movie marathon by myself, BOOM it came to me. Out of thin air, BAM there you go LaneƩ! This is what you're supposed to be doing. And of course, I wouldn't be me if I didn't question God back with "well how do I know if it's really what I'm supposed to be doing or if it's just me coming up with ideas to figure something out, how do I know it's you. Give me a sign!" And last night I had this dream and I woke up and I knew, it all seemed so simple and easy. I stopped questioning it. Only this one thing made since.

Notice, all the symbolization in the dream is connected to one major theme: Spiritual growth, healing, fear, transition, Spiritual guidance, truth, heaven, possibility, progress.

I feel like this dream was God giving me the sign that I asked Him for. I knew that it had a deeper meaning then just random creepiness of snakes on steps. In a previous post I wrote "don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you aren't willing to move your feet." Well according to interpretation the snake symbolizes spiritual guidance, and God is my spiritual guide, so for Him to be around my feet as I'm trying to walk in the dream speak volumes! *Enter Praise Dance Break* The window means hopes and possibilities, the woman in the window was inviting me in! Yes Lawd!

Each day I'm definitely reaching a higher understanding of myself and God. I'm becoming more secure in who I am and less afraid of the world. Well, I was never too much afraid of the world, just the people in it. I know what this dream means, and now I just have to follow through and trust that it's the right decision. The more I question God, the more unsure I'll become. It's time to step out on faith and literally believe in my dreams.

-Namaste

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting! Normally, I try to avoid making sense of my dreams, because it's scary to think they have any meaning at all. I know it sounds weird, but my dreams have foreshadowed so many current events and it's crazy to know that dreams can manifest in the physical world without the dreamer really understanding when it will take place. I should start writing my dreams down. Some I remember. Some are lucid and I can feel everything happening to me. Others are a blur and disappear within a couple of minutes.

    hmm...very interesting...

    ReplyDelete