Saturday, January 5, 2013

Personal Growth Challenges of 2013


2013 will be about change for me and for a lot of people I know; many of my friends are taking on new challenges, careers and lifestyle choices. 2012 was a good year for me, a little rocky towards the end but overall I made a lot of progress towards my goals. Every year my best friend and I say "We cannot be in this same place, this time next year". Six months will go by and we say "We cannot be in this same place 6 months from now". Last year we meant it, we started on little things that would help move us forward like working on our credit and saving money. We may not be in a different place financially or career wise but I will say that we are in a different place mentally. We have faith in our dreams and we are now working steadily towards our goals. 

In order to get where I want to be by 2014, I need to challenge myself in a few areas. I asked my best friend today "What's your new years resolution?" She replied. "I don't do those anymore, when I see a problem or something I need to work on, I tackle it right there." I loved that. When you see that there is something in your life that needs to be fixed, don't wait until the new year or new month or next week to start, tackle it right away. 

There are many things that I'm and tackling and working on in my personal life aside from my resolutions. These are the challenges that I face everyday that need to get dealt with. My Personal Growth Challenges (PGC) are challenges that I have been dealing with for years and disguising them as NYE Resolutions. My resolutions in the previous years were silly and I didn't care if I accomplished them or not. A challenge is something I must look in the eye, face it and tackle it! 

Once they are tackled I know that growth and change will happen. I will be posting these challenges sporadically throughout the next couple of months and will keep you updated on my progress. This year is all about getting out of my comfort zone, challenging myself and personal growth. I hope you all will do the same, it's time to be fearless and fear less. 

1 comment:

  1. I think people misunderstand resolutions. Just because you start with a list of goals and things to work on, doesn't mean you can't revisit, revise, and add to that list. If you want you can take things away. It's more about intentions.

    It's really good that you are in a different place and making a wise choice to move forward from here on out.

    -Chymere.Anais
    8thdreams-ave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete