Saturday, January 26, 2013

What's Important To You?


We all have this long list of things that we claim are important to us but we don't spend any time on them. Our health, family and careers, they are oh so important! We stuff our face with processed junk, spend more time on Facebook than on our careers, and when we are with our families we ignore them by texting or playing with our phones/tablets the whole time. When something is important to you, I mean really important, you will MAKE time to nurture it. When you nurture something and give it love, it will grow. Just like a child, a plant, animal and even your dreams. What you focus you energy on grows, whatever you spend time on gets better. Many things hold importance to me but I don't give them my time and energy. I do what I have to do every day and the energy I have left I divide it amongst the important things without focus or passion. I finally stepped back in the gym today after months of being absent and I began to think about what's important to me and why I'm not working on those things. LACK.OF.PASSION

Until recently I've floated through life just getting by on Top Ramen, penny pinching, missed connections with friends and family, shity men, almost in great shape, etc. You get the point. Those so called important things where given little energy and no passion. After I left the gym I headed over to Kroger and resisted the urge to buy all the junk food in site; then I floated over to the health food section and remembered a time when that was all I ate. My health was important to me, so much so that I didn't eat any processed foods or anything that contained more than 9 ingredients! I wanted to have a clean body and my health was important to me! When I walked out to the parking lot I looked at my car that I have to trade in because the leak in my new car doesn't seem to be repairable, and I thought man...why didn't I just buy a cheap car for 5k so it could be paid off in a year? I used to have no car payments.Why did I have to go with the car that gives me high payments for the next 7yrs? I want to save money, not spend it, having money is important to me!

I realized very quickly tonight that I need to redirect my focus AGAIN. I have to focus on what's MOST important to me and direct my energy to those things. My life would grow in abundance if I did that and so will yours.

THINGS MOST IMPORTANT TO ME: 

  1. MY HEALTH- I cannot do anything for myself or anyone else if I'm not healthy. I want to be, look and feel healthy everyday. Eat more natural nutritious meals/less processed junk. 
  2. MY FAMILY- Spend more time calling my family, immediate and distant. Find time to visit them more than once a year. Develop a deeper connection with them. 
  3. MY FRIENDS- Spend more time with them developing stronger bonds, not just hanging out to get drunk and party. Quality hangouts, dinner, bowling, museums and plays. Make time to call my long distance friends more often. 
  4. MY CAREER- Get this degree...get this degree! I remember my bff cried at her graduation and she said it's because it took her so much to get to that day. I feel like I will do the same, this degree seems to be so far away but I have to keep striving. Focus on my blog, the job I have and my passion project (that's a secret for now). Not being an admin now at 30 is very important to me, I have to focus on getting a career job. 
  5. MY FITNESS- This is separate from my health. My fitness goals were always to be in the best shape for me, which is everything tight and toned. Lean visible muscles. When I don't work out I lose weight and I'm "skinny fat", which makes me self conscious in certain clothes, flat booty Judy over here.  I want to feel good in everything I put on. I also want to push past my fitness limits with running & weightlifting, etc. 
  6. MY MONEY- Like I said, money is important to me so I need to focus on the money I have and the money I want to make. I need my money to be growing & my bank account to be increasing. This means making sacrifices and lifestyle changes. 
  7. MY HOBBIES & ACTIVITIES- I have many activities I'd like to dabble in but I don't MAKE time for them. Sewing classes, I have a machine that's collecting dust. Yoga. Writing workshops. Any type of art class, dance class, anything out my ordinary mundane life.Volleyball, I want so badly to play on a volleyball or adult sports league. 
  8. MY LOOKS- Yes, my looks. When you look good you feel good. I need to spend more time making sure I look my best everyday. Clothes, hair, nails, skin, body, teeth, all that! 
  9. LOVE- Love in all areas is very important to me. Love to and from God, friends, family and my future husband, even strangers. We are lacking so much love in this world that it can't hurt to open my heart more to the universe. It's important to me that I love and be loved in return. 
What are some things that are important to you and are you making time to nurture them?  


1 comment:

  1. I do agree! We don't always put the needed energy into those things we think are importantat. One thing I am now grateful for my family about is that when we get together, it's considered disrespectful to be on the phone...and you will get called out for it. It's almost like a check your devices at the door policy when it comes to my family...and I didn't always understand it but I am so glad it was strictly enforced in my home, my gramma's aunts' and uncles' homes, etc.

    I wrote out a list of things that are important to me...or rather the things I am committed to on my blog, which included health/fitness as well as better relationships.

    Good post!

    -Chymere Anais
    www.chymereanais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete